POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tommy : Re: Tommy Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tommy
From: Andre
Date: 5 Jun 2000 17:53:46
Message: <393c216a@news.povray.org>
Good model.

> ior 1.5 (is that good or bad?), pure white (ie full colour) and filter
0.85
> (I wanted to actually see it, was this a good idea), transparency 0 (I
dont
> understand the different between filter and transparency), ambience 0.6

Filter means that the light that goes through it will have the objects
color.  transparency means the light will remain in its original color.
(Filter is better for glasses)
ambient of .6 seems a little high.  an ambient of 0 gives the glass a more
realistic look if the lights are well positioned.   Also, give it some
reflection (like .2)  You might want a transparency of .9 or higher.

Photons would make a major difference in this.  try givining it about 2000
photons shot.
I'm not very good in photons myself, so if anyone else could help???

That's all I can think of.
BTW, how was it modeled??

Andre de Avillez